Statement of Principles
We are committed to supporting the growth, development and use of open source technologies in education worldwide. We expect to make significant contributions to the community to help ensure that open source options remain strong, reliable and sustainable for all. Our work will be guided by the following principles:
- We will work in a way that supports and honors the values of the communities we serve, and will continue to participate and support important community gatherings.
- We will continue contributions of code from products we support and from in-kind development activities conducted in partnership with community organizations like Moodle Trust.
- We will continue to focus on supporting open standards through organizations like the IMS Global Learning Consortium to ensure interoperability and eliminate vendor lock-in for all LMS options, commercial and open source.
- We will provide financial support for Moodle Trust and other open source organizations as our strategy evolves.
- We will work to deliver innovative, visually elegant, and technologically robust education solutions to clients regardless of whether they are open source, proprietary, or a blend between them.
CEO, Blackboard Inc.
CTO and President of Academic Platforms, Blackboard Inc.
Managing Director, NetSpot
Chief Sakai Strategist, Blackboard Inc.