Print This Page
This course helps students develop mathematical skills that enable them to solve problems and use reason and logic in math courses. Integrated Math gives them an overview of the many mathematical disciplines; topics include number sense, operations, algebraic sense, introduction to probability, geometric figures, geometric movement, measurement, and a more in-depth look at probability (including permutations and combination). Content is expressed in everyday mathematical language and notations to help students learn to apply the skills in a variety of applications. Instruction is supplemented with self-check quizzes, audio tutorials, Web quests, and interactive games that engage students in the content they are learning.
- Perform computation by applying concepts of various number types, and check for reasonable results.
- Evaluate and write algebraic expressions, single and multi-step equations, and inequalities
- Graph lines and inequalities
- Demonstrate an understanding of theoretical and experimental probability
- Calculate permutations using the multiplication principle
- Identify geometric fundamentals like lines, polygons and types of triangles as well as solve complex problems using geometric concepts
- Demonstrate understanding of the metric and customary systems of measurement and conversion within the system.
- Number Sense
- Algebraic Sense
- Introduction to Probability
- Geometric Figures
- Geometric Movement
- Probability 2
12 to 16 weeks