Karen Yoshino, Ph.D.
Principal Strategist, Enterprise Consulting
As the senior member of the Enterprise Consulting team, my primary role is to develop our clients’ capacities to meet their educational goals, whether that requires building new CBE programs, assessing student learning, or analytics and action research. A secondary role is developing new consulting solutions for trending needs in the higher education landscape. A third role is to help make our consulting services visible in the higher education community through blogs, public speaking, and providing content for printed materials.
My areas of focus include:
- Competency-based education
- Student outcomes assessment
- Analytics & data usage
My prior work experience includes:
- Associate Treasurer, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA
- Director Institutional Research & Assessment, Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
- Executive Director, SAT, College Board, New York, NY
Present & past affiliations are:
- Trustee, former Chair Academic Affairs Committee, current Chair Enrollment Planning Committee, La Roche College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board member, Spanish Trails Girl Scout Council, CA
- Board advisor, Xela Aid Partnerships for Self-Reliance, Long Beach, CA
- Graduate PhD, Education, Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA