Join us at the Blackboard Developers Day on Wednesday 7 August from 10am to 4pm for a day of deep, engaging technical content - all of it focused on developing your skillsets and keeping you informed about the future of your Blackboard learning technology solutions.
Calling System Administrators
Developers Day is not just for developers that want to learn more about APIs, Web Services and Building Blocks, it is also for advanced system administrators who may be interested in topics such as:
- SIS integration
- System Performance
- Enhancing System Security
Redefining the Possibilities
New technologies in Learn 9.1 are redefining possibilities for development on the Learn platform. This year we have delivered on promises to make your learning environments easier to customize and maintain. Developments in areas such as:
- Open standards for tools (Basic LTI)
- Content (Common Cartridge)
- SIS integration (Learning Information Services)
Each Developers Day hosts sessions covering many topics relevant to Blackboard developers, system administrators, and other technical individuals. Learn firsthand how to enhance your Blackboard virtual learning environment and make your life easier by using plugins, APIs, web services, open standards, and other product capabilities to integrate with other campus systems, extend new functionality to students and instructors, and meet your institution's specific customization and administration requirements.
We invite all client system administrators and developers to attend and enjoy in-depth technical material on Blackboard Learn 9.1. Bring your projects to talk with Blackboard experts and meet your peers to discuss how best to use Blackboard technology.
Sessions will accommodate the specific interests of the audience based on a survey to be administered closer to the event and may include:
- Building Blocks development made easy with the Blackboard Eclipse plugin and automated development tools (hands-on session)
- New features and enhancements for developers and system administrators in Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP8 [including Learning Tool (BLTI) placements, Apache 2 support, installer, and task management improvements]
- Using the Student Information System integration framework (hands-on session)
- Developing reports using BIRT to examine system usage (hands-on session)
- Using the Authentication Framework to support Shibboleth and CAS authentication
- Security and Building Blocks best practices and development techniques
- Learn application server security enhancements, configuration, and best practices