Improve efficiency, quality and collaboration
Take a Look Inside
The Content Management module works seamlessly with the Course Delivery and Community Engagement modules, making up your Blackboard Learn™ platform. With Content Management you’ll get both academic and enterprise-wide benefits. It will help you increase educator efficiency and curriculum quality. You’ll have consistency through the central management, collaboration, sharing and reuse of academic content.
With the addition of Blackboard Drive™, our newest feature of the Content Management module, educators save time by editing and managing Blackboard Learn content straight from the desktop. This streamlined and seamless user experience means that users don’t have to change the way they are comfortable managing file based content in order to take advantage of the benefits of the Content Management module.
Find out more about Blackboard Drive
The Blackboard Learn Content Management module is the only academic solution that provides true document management capabilities and the option for users to work straight from desktop tools, like Windows® Explorer, Mac OS® X Finder and Microsoft Office, or from the web interface. Users can access files from anywhere, anytime. And they’ll be able to collaborate better—without involving the technology staff. This module will improve:
- Efficiency: Save educators time with centralized management of course materials used across multiple courses, sections or departments. Make managing files in Blackboard Learn as easy as managing local files on their computer.
- Quality and Consistency: Improve curriculum on every level through centralized management and distribution of curriculum resources.
- Collaboration: Promote user-driven collaboration and sharing within and outside the institution, school or district.
- Return on Investment: Rely on one easy-to-use, flexible solution that meets academic, general content management, and collaboration needs across your organization.
What is Content Management?
The Content Management capabilities in Blackboard Learn have been a blessing for us. They enable us to manage and update documents across the entire inventory of courses and programs that we deliver to students. Before we had to manage all these course learning objects separately which was virtually impossible to keep track of.
—Kevin Norris, Executive Director,
Instructional Design and Development,
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Deep integration with courses and organizations provides easy access to all files directly from the course or organization. You can manage one version of a file across multiple courses or sections, saving space and time when updating. Update straight from desktop tools through a seamless integration with Blackboard Drive.
- 360 View makes it quick to see where a piece of content is being used, who has permission for that file, comments and version information.
- Secure URL links and passes provide an easy way to share and collaborate on documents and files while avoiding email attachments.
- Personal and shared storage folders allow users to share and collaborate easier.
- Full document search helps users to quickly locate files.
- Personal ePortfolios enables students and faculty to showcase learning or professional achievements and share with others, even outside of the institution.
- e-Reserves allows the librarian to make digital versions of copyright-cleared reserve readings available directly in the course.
Windows® is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation. Mac® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
For more information about the Content Management module, consult your Blackboard Learn Representative or contact Blackboard today.