Deliver the rich online experience users demand
Take a Look Inside
Clients across the world leverage Blackboard Learn—and specifically the Community Engagement module—to build a vibrant online university or school ecosystem. Through the additional tools in Community Engagement, the Blackboard Learn solution goes well beyond online teaching and learning. It delivers a better, more customized user experience on every level.
WIth the Community Engagement module, you can help your institution:
- Promote easier online collaboration and communication for campus groups, clubs, committees, faculty, students or administration.
- Represent multiple unique identities or brands across different campuses, schools, colleges or degree programs.
- Be more efficient in delivering school-wide or district-wide news with targeted information based on the users’ role—student, teacher, administrator, first year, business major, etc.
- Support multiple organizational units with different needs - for example, different schools, departments, colleges, or even institutions in a system - on a single instance of Blackboard Learn.
Save time. Leverage existing investments. Deliver more services to users.
The Community Engagement module gives you a great deal of flexibility to manage your user community in a way that fits with your goals and priorities. By leveraging your existing investment and expertise in Blackboard Learn, you’ll have a solution that is pre-integrated, already familiar to users, and probably the most visited site on campus.
What is different about Community Engagement?
You gain all the advantages of a system built to work seamlessly together. No additional integrations are needed. You simply add the module and get immediate results:
- Organizations provide online collaboration space for campus groups, clubs, committees, faculty, students, and administration. These collaboration spaces are already familiar to users since they are modeled after the course environment they use every day.
- Notifications Dashboard is a roll-up of all the courses and organizations users are involved in, allowing them to quickly see all their updates and key information in one location.
- Institution Roles give administrators the flexibility to deliver targeted user information. For example, a university may want to provide a particular message to first year students, or only to online students. Or a K12 district may want to contact students and teachers from a certain school.
- Portal functionality leverages flexible modules and tabs to provide a one-stop shop for all academic and campus information.
- Branding creates unique online identities for distinct colleges, degree programs, physical campuses, and K12 schools or districts.
- Institutional Hierarchy allows you to model your organizational structure in Blackboard Learn in order to delegate administrative privileges in a way that parallels that real-world structure.
For more information about the Community Engagement module, consult your Blackboard Learn Representative or contact Blackboard today.